I will not be providing the comparison between SharePoint and JIRA/Confluence.Rather I will list out the requirements that can be fulfilled by Both the Products for your company.Choosing of the particular product depends on your requirements.Both the products are standard and mature enough to be used in any small to large scale.
- Create issue related to a particular project , assign issue to other users, get email updates about the activities going on that issue.
- Generate report based on that issue.
- Maintain good history and activity log of the particular issue.
- Create different types of document library like document, form, wiki, picture, report etc for storing ,accessing ,sharing and collaborating of the documents.
- Versioning of the document,check in and checkout of the documents, track changes in the document by email notifications which includes who made the changes,what changes were made and at what time.
- Enterprise level Search Tool
- Creation of wiki library for storing the documentation of the projects created as a wiki page with attachments and comments.
- Ownership of document and confidentiality and access to the document .
- Provisions of adding risks, issues, deliverables associated with the particular project
- Provision for managing contacts, making announcement and post news related to the project.
- List tasks ,responsibilities,and events associated with the project.
- Posting of meeting minutes, attendees and agendas of the meeting.
- Project Portfolio Management
- Classify, evaluate, and appropriately prioritize project to allocate resources to the highest value opportunities
- Monitor progress in terms of actuals and forecasted on key dimensions such as cost, schedules, benefits, and risk and communicate status to all stakeholders
- Customization accordingly to meet the need of project portfolio management
Workflow and Business Process Management
- Creation of custom forms.
- Taking the custom forms in workflow for approval and submissions.
- Business users should be able to collaborate with developers in creating new processes, as well as the implementation and administration of those processes.
- Request Processes with feedback system as well as continuous monitoring of the flow
- Seamless integration with other business application used for Financials, Human Capital Management, Procurement and Logistics, Manufacturing, Sales and Service to utilize the power of both products .
- Integration with other BPM platforms like Human Resource Management, supply chain management.
- Creation of teams and work groups .assign, reassign, or remove access of the users to these teams and work groups
- Share documents for co-authoring.
- "Know what the other team members are doing"
- Coordinate planning, execution and follow-up on tasks
- Online collaboration for sharing information with third person
- Create Team Sites and My Sites
- Management of individual, team level and section level targets
- SLA management between team ,units ,sections ,vendors
- corporate level management of address book ,calendars etc
- Availability of information in email and mobile.
- Very High Level Infromation Updates for TOP management level, Closed Group planning among people from different departments
- Information sharing to TelaiSonera, partners etc
- Profiles of all the users in the company
- Rating, commenting, sharing, or liking / unliking of the posts, sharing of ideas by users, finding the answers.
- Blogs, Forums, Discussions,Polls for involving the users on specific topic or idea
- Without any HTML or page design expertise, publish unlimited intranet and extranet portals with customized brand, look, layout & collaboration tools at department/section/unit levels.
- Navigation should be strategic for the intranet and branding and company culture should be taken in consideration.
Non Functional Requirements
- Active Directory based.
- Many levels of authentication and hack-proof.
- Single Sign On must be provided for the other application that we integrate with sharepoint.
- All the office packages should be integrated .
- Access ,Excel and Visio applications should integrated and users can benefit from the server-side capabilities such as scalability, one centralized version of the document (rendered in a browser friendly format), access to multiple users and security control.
- Offline working with microsoft exchange, integration of microsoft project server,integration with microsoft communication server for company level instant messaging
- Single solution for most of the purposes.
- Easier navigation and look to follow with i.e easier interface to work with
- Faster performance
- Flexible enough to meet the organization need.
- Easily author, display, manage, and locate report for Issues, Projects.
- Manage and display Dashboard pages and KPI's, report sharing and broadcasting
- Performance and review logging report.
Consultancy and Local Support
- Local Support available for implementation and customization
- Branding and Company Culture
- Matching with enterprise's brand look.
- Reasonable cost of ownership
- No difficulty in upgrades
- Good cross-functional processes and integration of other softwares for the purpose of HRM, SCM etc.
- Flexibility that doesn't limits business process change
- Easy handling
- Installation of plugins for extending the application and reasonable cost of the plugins